February 10, 2009

Friendship is greater than everything



In The Autobiography of a Yogi, Swami Yogananda says,
"Of all the relationship, the highest order is
Friendship. Because, all other relations develop or
come out of some expectations / commitment etc. Like
Father / Daughter, Husband / Wife, Relative etc ..
they demand some commitment in return.. But only
Friendship asks for nothing and provides you
everything!"

Have you ever had that feeling, 'Ah, I swear that I said something similar to someone!' when you read something? I did write in an email a nearly similar quote as you read above and found that now in my gmail archive. I save chats, emails and everything (long live Gmail!) and I could easily search what I said, wrote in the last few years.


me: do u know all other relationships expect something from the other person... except friendship..which is unconditional, doesnt demand anything

Great people think alike, huh?

1 comment:

devi said...

no..every relationship is significant n holds importance..