October 9, 2007

Funny and Weird Laws that govern your Life

“Nobody notices when things go right”
-Zimmerman’s Law of Complaints


“Whatever women do, they must do it twice as well as men to be thought half as good”
-Whitton’s Law


“If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.”
-Truman’s Second Law


“The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off”
--Thoreau’s Third Law

“No body should make love after forty, nor be in business after fifty”
-Temple’s Law

“Some men are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them”
-Shakespeare’s Second Law

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof”
-Sagan’s Standard

“Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far”
- Roosevelt’s Law

“No one can make you feel inferior withour your consent”
-Roosevelt’s First Law

“If we can really understand the problem, the answer will come out of it, because the answer is not separate from the problem”
-Krishnamurti’s (JK) Corollary

“People become progressively less competent for jobs they once were well equipped to handle”
-The Paul Principle

“Count the number of Patels in the telephone book. Less than ten means no Indian Restaurant; more than ten, you’re in luck. If you’re bold enough or, if you happen tobe an Indian, you can call one of the ten-or-more and just ask where to eat”
-The Patel Law for Determining the Presence of an Indian Restaurant in a Strange Town

“Expenditure rises to meet income”
-Parkinson’s Second Law

“The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence”
-Papagiannis’s Law

“It will always break just when you need it the most”
-Murphy’s 4th Law

“Rich or poor, the government will get your money.”
-Morton’s Fork

“The candidate who takes credit for the rain gets the blame for the drought”
-Morrow’s Law

“The first 90 percent of the tasks takes 10 percent of the time and other 10 percent takes the other 90 percent”
-The 90-90 Rule of Project Schedules

“The more noise a man or a motor makes, the less power there is available”
-McGeary’s Law

“You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time, but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time”
-Lincoln’s Law

“Human beings are like tea bags. You don’t know your strengths until you are put into hot water”
-Laingren’s First Law

“A simple story, however inaccurate or misleading, is preferred to a complicated explanation, however true”
-Koppett’s observation

“If you can’t explain what you’re doing in simple words, you are probably doing something wrong”
-Kahn’s Law

“Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate”
-Jones’s Law

“The possiblity of a young man meeting a desirable and receptive young female increases by pyramidal progression when he is already in the company of (1) a date, (2) his wife, (3) a better-looking and richer male friend”
-The Law of Inverse Proportion of Social Intercourse

“At bank, post office, or supermarket, there is one universal law that you ignore at your own peril: the shortest line moves the slowest.”
-Vaughan’s version of the Law of Lines

“If you make enough predictions, a few are bound to be correct. The hits are likely to be remembered, the misses forgotten, and you will win fame and possibly fortune as a forecaster of the future”
-The Dixon Effect

“You can’t make women happy. That’s a kind of fundamental law of the universe. You try and make them happy and they’ll never forgive you for revealing to them that they can’t be”
-Deighton’s Law

“The first and great commandment is, Don’t let them scare you.”
-Davi’s Commandment

“The product that sets a de facto standard will dominate the marketplace whether or not it is the best one technologically”
-David’s Qwerty Factor

“In science, the credit goes to the man who convinces the world, not to the man to whom the idea occurs”
-Darwin’s Law

“The first law in advertising is to avoid the concrete promise…and cutltivate the delightfully vague”
-Crosby’s Law of Advertising

“Nearly everyone will lie to you given the right circumstance”
-Clinton’s (Yes, Bill Clinton, the former president!) Law of Politics

“Everything that goes up must come down”
-Chesire’s Law of the Social Jungle

“If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a falt tire(tyre), the next morning you will have a falt tire (tyre)”
-Cannon’s Law

“1. Don’t run for a bus – there’ll always be another.
2. Never, ever touch fried food.
3. Stay out of Ferrari or any other small Italian car.
4. Eat fruit – a nectarine – even a rotten plum is good”
-Secrets of Longevity, The 2,000-Old-Man

No comments: